Wednesday, January 13, 2010

NEWly NAturals..2010

LET's get the ball rolling....Here is my LOVELY LINESISTER B. Scott....she is a great momma and wife that has alot on her plate... a family yot take care of, a toddler to raise and school on top of all that.....

NM: What’s your name how old are you and where are you from? Brittany Scott 24, Houston Texas

NM: Why did you make the decision to go natural, and when did you do it?I chose to go natural because I realized that relaxers were damaging my hair and not offering much versatility in styling options. Also, I decided to go natural because I feel that my natural hair is more manageable and easier to maintain. I decided to go natural just a few short months ago. I believe my last relaxer was in Novemeber of 2009 I can't really remember, it may have been before then :)

NM: What products/ingredients do you use? Products in rotation: Fantasia IC hair polisher, Doo Gro Mega Thick Growth Oil, Wild growth hair oil, organic root stimulator (ORS) olive oil, ORS replenishing/deep penetrating conditioner, tresemmes moisture rich conditioner, creme of nature shampoo and ORS leave in conditioner. I really love the Organic Root Stimulator porducts because they smell good, they're affordable and I get great results

NM: Could you describe your regimen? My regimen currently consists of conditioner wash with the ORS deep penetrating conditioner 1-2 times/week, in between washes I alternate between the wild growth oil and mega thick growth oil 1-3 times/week. I use the olive oil cream and IC gel daily around my edges before styling for moisture and smoothness. I also use a spray bottle filled with water and leave in conditioner to style my hair in the mornings.

NM: What mistakes have you made in your natural journey that you've learned from?Mistakes I have made include using too much oil at first, I believe this slowed my growth. Now I use only a little a few times a week and my hair is growing fast and thicker. I have also learned to not to comb my hair with small tooth comb (ouch!).

NM: Where do you get style inspiration from?I get my style information from different natural hair videos I have watched on youtube.com, various pictures of celebs with natural hair and a little bit of my own style.

NM: How does your hair work for your life?So far so good, my hair is something fun now instead of being a hassle. I look forward to working with my hair instead of dreading getting a perm! No longer living the LYE and feeling more liberated as a natural woman.

NM: Did it take long for your hair to grow out?
Surprisingly no, my hair is growing very fast. In two months without a relaxer I have well over an inch of growth which is way more than I ever experienced while relaxing my hair. Not only is my hair growing longer, it is very thick and healthy now.

NM: What's the best thing about being natural?
The best thing about being natural is knowing that I have the control, not the relaxer. I can change my hair (i.e. dyes & color) at any time without having to wait 2-3 weeks after getting a perm. Another great thing is that it is fun! My natural hair makes me even more unique and interesting.

NM: Favorite Quote?
Favorite quote Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

and anything else you'd like to add for your POST!!!  Extra: This journey is not brief but it is SO worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment